Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hola!!

Sorry about the slow posts! I'm busy and as of right now there is no internet at my home!
On Monday I visited my school. I got a tour of the place and picked out my classes. I'm taking english, afrikaans, trig :( , geography, biology, history, and life orientation. Also, I attened my first South African Rotary meeting! They go from 6pm- 7pm. No earlier, no later, no exceptions! haha (oh!! and they don't sing!) After the rotary meeting, I went to Debbie Smutts' lovely colonial home for pizza. There I met my next host mom, Pauline. Les was unable to make it. I also got to meet some other rotarians. They are a very funny bunch! Dad- you'd love Debbie's husbad Izak.. you share the respect for a fine glass of wine! :)
The Green's are some of the kindest people I have ever met! They bend-over-backwards for anything I need, want or would maybe like. They are so welcoming!
A few things you guys might like to know:
1. Tomato sauce DOES NOT taste like ketchup!
2. A "jersey" is a sweatshirt.
3. Parrots bite- HARD.
4. There are about five white girls in my school. (not bad.. but a good perspective change!)
5. It's freezing here. It almost snowed this morning :(
6. You do not pronounce water with a t sound... you say it "wader" haha
7. I love and miss you all! Thanks for the prayers!
I hope you enjoy my little entries- Bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. Alison:) It sounds like you're having a great time!
    I'm so happy for you!
    Have a great Day:) Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI ALI!...IT'S SO NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU \AND ABOUT YOUR DAYS SINCE ARRIVING IN THE BEAUTIFUL LAND OF SO AFRICA..(I SAW "OUT OF AFRICA" AND
    I NEVER SAW ANYTHING SO BEAUTIFUL ON THE SCREEN
    SO THATS HOW I KNOW OF THE BEAUTY!) I WISH I COULD BE THERE WITH YOU..I BET YOU WISH THAT TOO HUH! KEEP WRITING IN YOUR JOURNAL AND HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERY DAY..KEEP YOUR SMILE AS BEAUTIFUL AS ALWAYS,,\\..I LOVE YOU .AND PRAY FOR YOU EVERY NIGHT..SOMETIMES DURING THE DAY, TOO LOVE, GRAMMA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali, thanks for the update... You are just at the beginning of many, wonderful memories in relation to S. Africa. I was looking at my annual (oops Yearbook as it is called today) and realized I had forgotten the exchange student we had my senior year was from S. Africa! We miss you, but know that you are having a wonderful time settling in. Enjoy your classes! ;o) Love you lots from the Lakeville Wood gang.

    ReplyDelete