Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I've Made the First Move

So as many of you know, I've moved from George and Suzette Green's home to Les and Pauline Mitchell's home. To be honest, it was very hard. The ties and instant bond I had with the Green's was not easy to seperate from. I still see them, and speak to them.. but I do miss silly Suzette and our hilarious conversations!
As soon as I decided to take the move like a champ, and remember why I wanted to do this, it's been great! The Mitchell's live within walking distance of the school and close to everything in town. They are very kind- I'm still getting made fun of for liking "wader". haha! Oh! and Mom- we should seriously invest in a domestic... Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for wash ;) Ok?! Sweet.
Today at school the smaller grade 8 girls were drilling me with questions!! I guess I have a cool accent and American girls have higher voices?! Ha! Ya learn something new everyday. Math class is a constant struggle.. So I guess I haven't changed too much :) I have a science test tomorrow... :( Today after school I stayed with my friend Nicloe. We went to the Interact club and made cards for the nursing home. It was nice! I've met very sweet girls, so thats good!! But I do miss my girls at home!! Love you!!
I just got some info. about a big tour going from Durban to Capetown! :) I'm going on it without a doubt!
So everything is going great! I'll update you when there is something more to share...
Love,
Alison

1 comment:

  1. So good to hear you are getting along....and you DO have an accent! LOL....ask your mom about that great debate! Sounds like you are doing wonderful, and it will be very exciting to hear about your travels.....Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete